Gwyneth Paltrow's Peach Cooler
|Matt Jones via bon appetit|
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 6 tablespoons peach liqueur
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 English hot house cucumber
- 2 cups chilled Prosecco
- 1 1/2 cups chilled soda water
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- Using a muddler or wooden spoon, mash peaches with liqueur and lemon juice in a large pitcher. Stir in vodka. Cover and chill.
- Cut 1/3 of cucumber lengthwise into 4 spears for garnish. Thinly slice remaining cucumber. Stir Prosecco, soda water, mint, and sliced cucumber into pitcher. Fill glasses with ice. Pour cooler into glasses; garnish with cucumber spear.
|Dan Monick via bon appetit|
- 1/4 inch slice peeled ginger
- 3 cilantro sprigs
- 2 lime wedges
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces carrot juice
- 1 1/2 ounces dark rum
- Combine 1 1/4 inch slice peeled ginger, 3 cilantro sprigs, 2 lime wedges, and 2 teaspoons raw sugar in a cocktail shaker and muddle until ingredients are crushed.
- Add 1 1/2 ounces carrot juice and 1 1/2 ounces dark rum and fill shaker with ice.
- Cover and shake until outside of shaker is frosty, about 30 seconds. Strain into a highball glass and garnish with a lime wedge.
Chamomile Gin Cocktail
|Chris Gentile via bon appetit|
- 1/4 cup dried chamomile flowers or 12 chamomile tea bags
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups London dry gin
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Mix chamomile and 6 tablespoons very hot water in a medium bowl. Let stand for 1 minute.
- Stir in honey and mash chamomile with a wooden spoon. Let cool slightly.
- Strain mixture into a fine mesh sieve into a pitcher, pressing on solids to release liquid.
- Discard solids in sieve.
- Add gin, lemon juice, and 4 cups ice to pitcher.
- Stir until ice is melted. Divide among chilled coupe glasses.
Sour Cherry-Yuzu Bellinis
|Lucy Schaeffer via Food & Wine|
- 1/2 pound pitted fresh or frozen cherries (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh yuzu juice or 2 tablespoons each of fresh tangerine and lime juices
- One 750 milliliter bottle plus 2 cups chilled brute champagne
- Puree the cherries in a food processor. Pass the puree through a fine strainer set over a small saucepan, pressing on the solids; you should have 1/2 cup of juice. Stir in the sugar and bring to a simmer over moderate heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate until chilled, about 15 minutes.
- In a large pitcher, combine the sweetened cherry juice with the yuzu juice. Slowly pour in the Champagne. Serve the Bellinis over ice.
The Witches' Coffee
|Lucas Allen via Food & Wine|
- 4 teaspoons raw sugar
- 12 ounces hot brewed coffee
- 6 ounces aged rum
- 3 ounces Strega (saffron-infused liqueur)
- Averna cream
- For Averna cream: In a medium chilled bowl, whip 4 ounces chilled heavy cream with 1 ounce Averna amaro and 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar until soft peaks form. Use the cream immediately. Makes enough for 4 drinks.
- For drink: In a heatproof pitcher, stir the sugar into the coffee until dissolved, then stir in the rum and Strega. Pour the coffee into warmed mugs or heatproof glasses and spoon the Averna Cream on top.
- 1.5 oz Belvedere Bloody Mary vodka
- 0.75 oz cucumber juice
- Splash of elderflower liqueur (i.e. St. Germain)
- Splash of lemon juice
- Garnish: cucumber wheel
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Top with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a fresh cucumber wheel.