|Photo Source: Brides|
With that being said, I want to share a few recipes that are not only delicious, but good for you. I promise they don't taste like cardboard or leave you feeling famished. That's another thing about getting healthy for your wedding - you don't have to starve yourself or eat bland foods. Eat the good stuff, move your body, and celebrate who you are every step of the way. (Click to Tweet!)
Goddess Green Juice
Toss the ingredients through a juicer and drink up!
|Photo Source: Weelicious|
- 1 cup dark, leafy greens (like kale or spinach)
- 1/2 large cucumber
- 2 green apples
- 1 slice of fresh ginger or 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 8 oz. coconut water
Peanut Butter Bliss Smoothie
Perfect for a protein boost.
|Photo Source: Two Healthy Kitchens|
- 1/2 tbs. peanut butter
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 scoop protein powder (for extra protein punch)
Chocolate Spiced Pancakes
|Photo Source: Popsugar|
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxmeal
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim or almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- Mix together the flour, flaxmeal, and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the egg, milk, salt, protein powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg until mixed well. Add in the dry ingredients and stir.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Drop 1/4 cup of the batter on the pan per pancake. Cook about 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Chicken Salad with a Twist
Perfect as a midday snack or bridal shower finger food.
|Photo Source: Bite of Life Blog|
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tbs. parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Serve on endive leaves, crackers, or toast.